|Home||UNDP in Russia||News||Vacancies and Tenders||Contact us|
04.06.2011 International Conference “Development of ecotourism for local communities’ adaptation to climate change” takes place in Altai Republic
4-8 October, 2011 Altai Republic of Russia will host an International Conference to exchange accumulated knowledge and best practices on ecotourism development applied in different parts of the Altai-Sayan Ecoregion.
Conference Aim is to assist local communities of the Altai-Sayan Ecoregion in adapting to climate change impacts through ecotourism development. Ñonference objectives are as follows:
- to disseminate and replicate accumulated knowledge and best practices of ecotourism development in the Altai-Sayan Ecoregion;
- to demonstrate the role of ecotourism in livelihood improvement;
- to contribute to promoting ecotourism development in the Altai-Sayan Ecoregion ;
- to contribute to better understanding of the importance of ecotourism development in addressing climate change challenges;
- to enable collaboration on ecotourism development issues among countries of the Altai-Sayan Ecoregion.
• Government of the Altai Republic (Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Tourism);
• UNDP/GEF/ICI Project “Biodiversity Conservation in the Russian Portion of the Altai-Sayan Ecoregion”;
• Non-profit partnership “Orion”;
• Association of local tour operators “The Altaian agreement on tourism issues”;
• Altai State Nature Reserve; • Tourist and ecology center “Yurtok”;
• Local NGO “Consultation Center for Protected Areas”.
Conference Programme includes:
• plenary sessions;
• thematic workshops;
• poster presentations;
• fair-exhibition of crafts and souvenirs;
• “round table” discussion on Conference outcomes;
• visits to local protected areas.
Conference Venue: Russia, Altaiskiy krai, “Park-Hotel “Aya”.
Working language: Russian (English translation will be provided).
« go back »