Announcement! ‘From Russia with Love: A national Chapter on the Global CSR Agenda’
On behalf of RUSAL company, PricewaterhouseCoopers Russia and UNDP Office in the Russian Federation, we have the honor to invite you to participate in the round-table discussion, devoted to the launch of the research ‘From Russia with Love: A national Chapter on the Global CSR Agenda’, which will take place at 11.00 on 26 November 2008 at Hotel SwissOtel, Krasnye Holmy, Zurix Hall-2, first floor (Kosmodamianskaya ave. 52/6)
The goal of the research was to conduct a thorough analysis and to compare practices in the field of CSR of Russian and international transnational corporations, as well as assess whether or not these practices are mature enough in the Russian Federation, and their role in the development of companies and the achievement of their strategic objectives. The study was also intended to identify immediate objectives, which Russian transnational corporations will have to resolve in order to consolidate their positions in world market. The work has been conducted in cooperation with the Economist Intelligence Unit.
In the course of this global research, 258 high level managers of companies have been surveyed in Russia and in other countries with speedy developing economies and in developed countries. Also, twenty in-depth interviews have been conducted with representatives of the companies and the experts in sustainable development.
The programme of the round-table discussion includes the following issues:
- what the West and international organizations think about the situation with CSR in the Russian Federation? The development of CSR in Russia in comparison with developed countries. The changes in the last years;
- is CSR a luxury or necessity for Russian companies and how the attitude to it will be affected by the financial crises?;
- should the government encourage the development of CSR and how?
- the role of non-commercial organizations (NCO) in promoting CSR in Russia and how it will change during the financial crises?
- how business associations view the situation with CSR in Russian companies and prospects of CSR development in complex market conditions;
- contribution of academia in promoting CSR in Russia and in training of specialists;
- what factors may stimulate media coverage of CSR issues in the Russian Federation?
Among those invited to participate in the round-table discussion are:
- Marco Borsotti, UNDP Resident Representative and UN Resident Coordinator in the RF.
- Brook Horowitz, the Executive Director of IBLF in Russia.
- Evgeny Fedorov, Chairman, Committee on Economic Policy and Entrepreneurship of the State Duma of the Russian Federation.
- Andrey Hazin, Deputy Chairman, Committee on Economic Policy, Entrepreneurship and Privatization.
- Artyom Shadrin, Deputy Director, Department of Strategic Management (Programmes) and Budgeting, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
- Maria Chertok, Director General, Charities Aid Foundation (CAF Russia).
- Sergey Litovchenko, Executive Director, Association of Managers of Russia.
- Alexander Murychev, First Executive Vice President , RSPP.
- Svetlana Rubashkina, Advisor, Commission on Issues of Charity and Volunteership Development of the Public Chamber of the RF.
As well as the representatives of big Russian and Western companies and others.
Since the number of participants is limited we would highly appreciate it if you could confirm your participation by 25 November 2008.
Your participation is very important for us, and we would be happy to see you among our guests.
For more information and confirmation of your participation, please contact:
Marketing and Corporate Communications
Department of Public Relations
Tel: 720-5170/ 71
« go back »